20+ Morning Journal Prompts to Start Your Day With a Smile!
I’ve never been a morning person but lately, I’ve decided to make a change to my morning routine. Earlier, I used to wake up feeling exhausted already, but now I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. Amid all these changes, I also thought, “Why not invest in a journal?”
And thus started my morning routine with journaling! You know, when I first started, I was lost and too overwhelmed to begin, but as soon as I started to just shut off my brain and write my feelings as they were, I began to truly understand the pull of this whole journaling business.
If you’re like me and don’t know where to start when it comes to morning journaling, then I have gathered some amazing morning journal prompts that’ll help you not only begin your journaling practice but also bring a positive start to your day.
So, are you ready? Let’s begin!
What Are Morning Journal Prompts?
Morning journal prompts, in simple words, are phrases and sentences that you can use for self-reflection, expressing your thoughts, setting goals for the day, and doing a little self-discovery. Adding morning journaling to your morning routine can help you clear your mind, reflect on the positive parts of your day and even process your yesterday.
Anything that you need as an affirmation to start your morning with a bright and positive outlook. That’s what morning journal prompts are.
So, how do they truly work?
Let me tell you one thing. Using a morning affirmation or a morning journal prompt is not going to miraculously change your life or how you look at things in the morning. Using journal prompts to start the day can, however, help you;
- Process any pent-up emotion. After all, it won’t do you any favors if you start the day unfocused and frustrated, right?
- Reset your mind to the present. When you journal in the morning, it can help your mind connect with the present moment, increasing your awareness and reducing any lingering stress.
- Set your goals for the day. Journaling in the morning can also help you set clear goals that you can use to improve your performance and growth.
- Gets the creative juices flowing. Again, when you use journal prompts to start the day, you allow your mind to flow naturally, increasing the flow of creativity. And let’s be honest, the real creativity happens in the mornings anyway. So, it’s a win-win, right?
- Acts as a meditation practice. Other than having all the benefits of mindfulness, morning journaling can also give you a few minutes of uninterrupted time that can work as a meditative practice.
How To Start Morning Journaling?
1. Set an intention
Make sure that when you sit down for your morning journaling, you focus on setting an intention for the day. What do you want to happen today? What is it that you want to focus on today? Once you know what you want, it makes the journaling process easier and pain-free.
2. Express gratitude
It’s also important to remember that when you’re journaling, you express your gratitude. Gratitude is a practice that can help increase your serotonin levels and the more you express your gratitude, the more you focus on the positives.
3. Don’t think too much
When you’re writing in a morning journal, let your words flow freely. Don’t allow yourself to think too much or too deeply about what you’re writing. The real thoughts and feelings come when you cease thinking too much. Just start with, “I feel…” and let the thoughts flow.
4. Lastly, maintain a routine
Without routine, you won’t be able to see the impact of morning journaling on your life. So, if you’ve started morning journaling, then make sure you maintain a routine and write something in your journal every morning. Discipline is key here.
Best Morning Journal Prompts For You!
Morning Journal Prompts For Productivity
- Write down your top three goals for today…
- Any barriers you face and their solutions if you can find some…
- How can you increase your chances of reaching your goals?
- Write down the top three to five tasks you need to accomplish today…
- Any expectations you have from yourself? Write them down…
Morning Journal Prompts For Emotional Check-In
- How are you feeling right now?
- Is there anything that’s worrying you? What is it?
- Are there any lingering thoughts and feelings from yesterday that you still have? If yes, how can you let them go?
- What can you do this morning to boost your mood?
- What are the three things that make you feel positive?
- How are you planning on practicing self-care today?
- Write three emotions you’re currently feeling…
Morning Journal Prompts For Morning Reflection
- What are the three limiting beliefs you have about yourself?
- Write three positive affirmations you want to start the day with…
- Are there any accomplishments that happened this week that make you feel proud of yourself?
- Is there anything or anyone you need to let go of in life?
- Write three sentences thanking yourself…
- What advice do you have for yourself this morning?
- Is there anything you want to start doing more of? Any interests or hobbies you think you need to start?
- Is there anything that lowers your confidence levels? If yes, how do you increase your confidence?
- Write down five positive qualities you have…
- Write down five qualities that your friends or family would like to use to describe you…
Morning Journal Prompts For Well-Being
- Today, I feel…
- Write down three things that you’re grateful for this morning…
- What are you most excited about today?
- What are the three things that bring you joy?
- At the end of that, what do you want to feel like?
- What did you feel yesterday or right before you went to sleep last night?
- Do you remember what you dreamt about last night? If yes, describe what you felt when you woke up this morning.
- What do you plan on doing that’ll make your day even better?
- If money wasn’t a concern, what would you want to do?
- What are you thinking about right now?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- Is there anything you regret about yesterday? What would you do today to not feel that way?
- What is your favorite way to start the morning?
- What is your favorite time of the day? Why?
Ready to Begin a New Day?
These morning journal prompts I’ve listed are only suggestions. You can choose to modify them according to your intentions. And if you want to, you can always choose to write more than one in your morning journal. There’s no limit to manifestation, after all! Just remember to write whatever you’re feeling. Your morning journal is a tool to set you on the path of self-discovery and self-reflection, so let your thoughts and emotions flow freely.
In any case, writing in a morning journal can bring a positive spin to your day and make your mornings even more lively. All you need to do is keep this practice regularly and see the impact it brings to your life and overall well-being.
So, which of these morning journal prompts did you choose? Are there any other journal prompts for the morning that you’d like for us to add? Let us know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below or you can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Care and Keep Smiling!