Bonus Features – November 26, 2023 – 85% of healthcare orgs boosting IT spending in 2024, 70% of orgs actively considering generative AI, plus 18 more stories
Welcome to the weekly edition of Healthcare IT Today Bonus Features. This article will be a weekly roundup of interesting stories, product announcements, new hires, partnerships, research studies, awards, sales, and more. Because there’s so much happening out there in healthcare IT we aren’t able to cover in our full articles, we still want to make sure you’re informed of all the latest news, announcements, and stories happening to help you better do your job.
News and Studies
- The latest Hospital Vitals report from Syntellis and the AHA found that hospitals have seen a 28% decline in cash reserves over the last 19 months. This is due in large part to increased expenses (from 25$ for labor to 90% for maintenance) and revenue reductions from denials (more than 20% from commercial plans and nearly 60% from Medicare Advantage plans).
- More than 85% of health systems are increasing IT and digital budgets for 2024, a Guidehouse analysis found. Cybersecurity tops the list of investment priorities, followed by EHR modernization, virtual / digital care, and AI.
- More than 70% of healthcare organizations are actively considering generative AI, according to an AKASA report. RCM is by far the most popular potential use case, with 58% of all considering the use of generative AI there.
- Virtual sitting technology can be tied to reduction in nurse burnout, according to a recent AvaSure study. On the other hand, one-on-one, in-person sitting is regarded as a resource drain.
- The EHR Association is worried about USCDI modeling, noting in a letter to ONC that HL7 has specific requirements while USCDI standards are ambiguous and decrease the effectiveness of those standards.
Product and Company News
Certifications and Recognitions
If you have news that you’d like us to consider for a future edition of Healthcare IT Today Bonus Features, please submit them on this page. Please include any relevant links and let us know if news is under embargo. Note that submissions received after the close of business on Thursday may not be included in Bonus Features until the following week.
Get Fresh Healthcare & IT Stories Delivered Daily
Join thousands of your healthcare & HealthIT peers who subscribe to our daily newsletter.