Eat to Beat the Perimenopausal Blues
Wondering what eat to beat the perimenopausal blues? You are not alone, and this is such a common question among women who have entered into perimenopause.
Did you know that there are specific vitamins and minerals that target mood and mental health? While many people reach for supplement bottles, you can get the benefit of more nutrients, fiber, fats and protein if you simply know which foods to focus on to meet your needs!
What to eat to beat the perimenopausal blues
Try incorporating foods that are natural sources of the following mood boosting nutrients:
- Vitamin D: fatty fish, grass-fed or pasture-raised meat, organ meats, spirulina, wild mushrooms, and bee pollen
- Omega-3s: grass-fed meats, wild-caught salmon, flax and chia oil
- B Vitamins: leafy greens, root vegetables, fresh/dried fruits, seafood, and avocados
- Magnesium: dark leafy greens, seaweed, figs, fish, avocado, and bananas
- Amino Acids: all foods, collagen and protein powders
- Zinc: oysters, seafood, lamb, grass-fed beef
- Iron: red meat, shellfish, organ meat, dark leafy greens
- Selenium: garlic, turkey, liver, red meat, spinach, and bananas
A great way to enjoy several of these superfoods in one meal is to start with a bowl of gorgeous mixed greens, add a clean protein of your choice, some avocado, chopped veggies and mushrooms, and top with a sprinkle of bee pollen. For an added nutrient zing, mash ¼ cup of your favorite berries and whisk in ¼ vinegar and ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil for a tasty dressing.
If this information sounds overwhelming and you don’t know where to start with your diet… like, what and how do you actually change your nutrition? I gotchu, and I’m more than happy to help you!
JOIN THE PERIMENOPAUSE CRASH COURSE
The Perimenopause Crash Course is a 4-week, holistic approach that balances your hormones, sheds unwanted hormonal weight, and reclaims your energy.
You know that hormones play a HUGE role in weight gain, but you don’t know how to balance them.
You might feel tired all the time, or like you can’t seem to shake that last 5-10 pounds.
You’ve probably tried every diet and weight loss program out there, but you still can’t seem to lose weight.
It’s not your fault.
What you really need is:
- Clarity around the foods, nutrition, and support your body needs to shed hormonal weight and alleviate symptoms
- A program to help you identify the foods wreaking havoc on your hormones and throwing your body completely out of balance
- Support and guidance to be able to stay committed to the program, remain inspired and feel encouraged every single step of the way
- A plan on what to eat and how to cook healthier meals more easily even if you’re busy
- Resources to keep you focused and develop your understanding of how your body interacts with the food you eat and the world around you, so you can make better choices that support your hormonal balance
- Tried-and-true protocols that match your symptoms and help you feel better quickly
If you’re ready to optimize your hormones and navigate perimenopause with confident and grace, this program is for you!
Grab all of the details HERE!
The program officially starts on MONDAY, so don’t delay. You don’t want to miss this!!