Situation Update #178 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) WHO Country Office for Nepal Reporting Date: 04 – 10 September 2023 (Epi Week 36) – Nepal
(Data published in the MoHP Daily Bulletin as of 09 September 2023 and same data published in EDCD Report as of 10 September 2023)
• This week, there were four confirmed cases reported.
NEPAL EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION
• Since 9 May 2021, all 7 provinces in the country are experiencing community transmission.
• Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the country has reported a total of 1,157,492
• The test positivity rate for Epi week 36 was reported as 0.3% at the national level.
• A total of 4 new confirmed cases were reported in Epi week 36, which is 33% less compared to
the previous week.
• There were no deaths reported in Epi week 36, the same as in the previous week